Sunday, 24 June 2007

A New Age, called 'New Rave'...('Wave'- to some non- NME reading people)

After reading a feature on Bloc Party in NME while getting my haircut, I have decided to write about more- interesting things than my day at school.
So..New Rave... in rock music it's a new type of 'indie' rock, more dancy, upbeat, phycodelic, rave stuff. Bands like this are: Klaxons,
It's all glow sticks and intense dancing!
Yeah, the neon colours are pretty alouring, and the fact that everyone that is in the 'new rave' scene manages to look good.
But, this does hit the dilema of, is new rave just another bloody label for sheep - sorry I mean people, to fall into?
I hope not, 'cause it's supposed to be just a load of sparkly stuff and fun, but some people or so gonna ruined that and be all, 'oh your so new rave!', that's what happened with emo. And well, you don't need to read Kerrang to find out what happened there.
Has anyone noticed how people are becoming to scared of being different by themselves? Sure, I'm talking about the 2 girls that always manage to piss me off, but they are trying to be 'normal' like, they have identical 'just do it' Nike bags... That's not cool, 'cause like before, they were, anti- chav-ish stuff, now it's like, let's fit in now that barely anyone likes us.
How shameful.
It's strange how people depend on others so much. It can actually be quite terriying... But that depends on how you think about it...