Monday, 23 July 2007

Another day, another blog

Well, I don't really have anything that is actually interesting to say today... but I 'm bored so I'll write some stuff about playing guitar, and my band; seeing as I'm in a musical mood.
My band is called Cavalen, (the first letter of all of our names) and we've only been a band for a few short months. I'm one of the many guitarists in the band, but I will only use the electric guitar.Not only are the school's acoustic guitars a bit iffy, but acoustic guitars in general are too big and bulky for me, and the electric guitar has more playable high notes.
Tasha (the self- taught bassist) has written a song for us, but there's isn't any music to it; so I have taken it on as my goal, to make a basic riff that goes with it. So then, we have something to work with and everyone could try to imput. Even though it's the summer holidays (which means more blogging by me) and we won't see each other, we still have the internet and technology on our side. Even if we don't have a growing number of people against us, we are still strong, and well it only gives us more motivation to be better.
But back to the song, it's called 'Same Game' but I wanna change it to 'We are not the same'...I personally think that it makes the song sound more ..sophisticated. But I'll have to ask first. I wanna change a couple verses too...I hope she'll be understanding about it...
I don't even know which guitar I am in the band, I think I'm rhythmic guitar, but logically I should be the 'lead guitar' doing all the more quick intricate stuff, seeing as I have the guitar with best manuvure-ablity... oh well. I really want to be fantasical at guitar, I've wanted to play since primary school, I practise everyday now, and I've been learning lots of Bloc Party songs. I even did this fret board on paper with all the notes on it. I'm so determined to be an excellent guitarist and put in all the hard work for it. Something that some people don't seem to understand, and just critise....
Woo, I only just discovered the colour font button!
I will never use it again...'cause even though, I'm good at art, I suck at colour co-ordination...
Yeah...so....
Thinking of what to write...
Erm... here's a link to the funniest shit on the BBC:
The Worst thing to hear over a tannoy (loudspeaker to non Bristish people...I think) system and Unlikly lines from Harry Potter:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=z9pijfVauJI

2 comments:

Tasha said...

How dare you want to change 'Same Game'? Lol, jus joking.. 'We're not the same...' is cool-er... more mature, i like it. And if we were ever gonna use, my song... we would hav 2 change sum verses, esp. the verse about the 'slags' with the... JDI bags, lol... Yup yep, it's all gd...

Hav u read our guestbk l8ly? There's 3 new mspgs (one by Comfy and I) and the other by these unknown ppl, 'Georgio' and 'Johnathon', hu wanna go out with Comfy and Lianne! Lol. U should check it out, it's funn-ay.

Tasha (the self-taught bassist) Lol

Vicky Olusanya said...

Cool, yeah we'll have to, 'cause then anyone with JDI bags will think we're cussing them...
Wow, we got fans already!*does happy dance*
-Vicky