However, I think the concert didn't really do much to actually help the 'global warming' issue. The concert itself (even after some environmental efforts) probably left its own big arse carbon footprint; while trying to preach about how we all are supposed to count down our carbon emissions. Even after that I guess that the message of Live Earth is fab. 'Cause it's true- what Al Gore is trying to tell us all,
If we don't act now- we're doomed.
Well those aren't his exact words but it is true. At the rate we're going half of Britain will be underwater (for example)...which has already happened in the North, but that was due to flash flooding; that I guess could be traced back to global warming.
There has been alot of extreme weather these days, and it's only getting worse, what is it going ot take to get people to wake up and do something about our planet? Extreme weather like hurricanes (and similar things that have different names- why I don't know) have increased dramatically over the last decade, so has our usage of planes. Connected much? Does the world need a complete massacre as a result of a natural disaster for people to change their ways? Or will that be too late?
There are many ways of trying to help the situation; like not having your TV on stand by- but it's been said so many times, and if you don't know what to do: use the bloody interent!
But I think that everyone, and I mean everyone should plant, or have in their house a plant. Or have a tree... but obiously not in a house (see cartoons for more info on that). If everyone had some form of taking in CO2 giving out O2 we might have a bit more chance of balancing out the atmosphere a little. Well there are around 6-7 billion people in the world so, that would be a hell of a lot of greenery....
Yeah so well done Live Earth, it has actually made me write about going green.
Some sites and cartoons and such to get you to go green:
A tres cool cartoon about the carbon footprint and planting trees.
I dunno if this site works for non aol users but it's cool if you can see it:
One of those 'footprint calculators':
An article about the carbon footprint of a burger:
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/12/the_carbon_foot_1.php oh and Al Gore's film about global warming is called: The inconvenient truth (can't spell it)
It's an insightful film,I've seen like, half of it in Geography class, it's worth watching. Some of the statistics that are told are totally mind boggingly worrying to hear.
No comments:
Post a Comment