Sunday, 5 August 2007

If we had a working crystal ball....

My mum read this book (which I unfortunatly couldn't read seeing as I can't read Polish much) it was more of a philosophical book about life...and people and such. It surpised me how much of the stuff that this guy (Krzysztof Varga) wrote that was things that I think about.... But I doubt I'd be a philophsor, seeing as I'm shit at explaining things.
So anyway, lots of the things is was trying to portray was in a way depicted as metaphors using his past memories or expirences. (Accoding to my mum they were hilarious.) But at the end you discover that actually he was from 2100 and he was a guy about to kill himself. Turns out that in 100 years the world ended up poor. Everyone was. And everything was scarce; like food, clean water, clothing. But of course it wasn't impossible to get things that were over rations an that, there was the 'Black market' and such. The summers were (will be/are...I dunno I'm talking about the future that might not happen, while sort of quoting what I was told about the book...Oh well, pardon my grammar then) around 40 degrees C. And everything was lost or corupt.... Isn't that already starting?
People these days (not everyone of course) are more worried about celebrity or fashion than they are about...Hang on.
I've just realised.
It has ALWAYS been like that.
For centuries.
Well, it was more dependant on social class and how weathly you were, but it's the same. People were always trying to be fashionable. Now when I say that, I do not mean wearing nice clothes, I mean trying to impress others and look good or better than others. Or, in June Austen's time, trying to find a good match.
So if anything, nothing has really changed. And, I doubt that it will, 'cause I'm a bit like that too, I'm not a hypocite, I just think too much, I do try to not be too gutenous (spelt wrong probably) and stuff, but I'm like millions of others my age whom are sucked in to commercialism etc.
So anyway... yeah...Nothing really left to write.

No comments: