GCSEs
THE PERSON THAT MAKES OCR GCSEs SHOULD HAVE AN ANGRY LETTER WRITTEN TO THEM.
Why?
Observe:
Why use percentages to show results?
Tick the correct answer:
Percentages are more scientfic.
Everyone knows what a percentage is.
There was a difference in results from each table.
Guess which one was correct...
EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT A PERCENTAGE IS! WHAT SORT OF RUBBISH IS THIS? THIS IS NOT A SCIENCE EXAM! THIS IS A NONSENSE EXAM.
After taking a OCR Mock Science Exam, there is alot left to be desired, there's no point even revising, because the questions have no real association to the information in the revision guides or textbooks in class.
Another great fault with this exam board is that the questions- as I have previously stated, are not scientfic at all. I'm sorry but at what authority can one say that 'Everyone knows what a percentage is'? Are these people so ignorant they can't even realise that there are people in the world that can't even read? Oh so they don't know what is meant by 'the cat sat on the mat' (in writing) but they know percentages. What fools!
Also, they ask us questions on things that aren't even in that part of the syllabus; at what point did we learn about 'half lives' and 'plutonium' I know these terms, but that does not mean that I can use it to calculate this, that and the other.
In addition, there are far too many of those A,B,C,D,E or F questions. There are too ambiguious to show any true answer, or true knowledge of the subject at hand. As well as that, these questions are really hypothetical, I mean, it's full of 'he thinks', 'they think', 'suggest' what ever happened to science being about true facts and definitions, isn't it about finding the 'why' about the world? Not 'what it could be'.
Now. The second paper.
HOW IS A COMPREHENSION SCIENCE?
How is a comprehension with questions that do not have the answers in the text, science?
How can the school actually manage to give around 60 girls a text booklet filled with a repeat of the question sheets?
So many questions so little ranting time, I'm going to watch the Apprentice on BBC1.
Wednesday, 30 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
THANK YOU!
lol you know it!
I hate OCR so much :(
OMDZZZZZ u tlk sense
oh nd by da way dis is Ijeoma
HIYAAA!!!
wel done on da rant-i fink i mite just write OCR an angry letter
Lol, it's nice to see that more people are reading this blog!
And thanks, it's just that OCR is so stupid, that make writing a rant about them rather straight forward
Post a Comment