I hate shopping malls. I hate the fact that it's all fake, well in the sence that, those calming fountains and air conditioning isn't to make you feel cool whilst shopping in the summer, it's there because some 'tests' have shown that people spend more money there. The whole thing is engineered to make us spend more, it's everywhere, even the layout of a shop can decide what we're more likely to purchse. Now that really 'grinds my gears' (nicked off Family Guy) . I was in Croydon this week, and because it was the Easter Holidays for some, I saw many teen slags in the shopping mall. Now, I know what your thinking, 'teen slags'? What are these may I ask? Well, these to me, are those girls that are my age, with lots of make up caked on their faces, in 'cool' clothes and hanging around in groups with those large handbags dangling on their elbow, with their hair fried into a straight style; well either that or it's soaking wet looking a bit naff. Anyway, they hang around looking like slappers, yet they still manage to walk into those shops like, Zara and Wallis and go, 'OMG' at something dumb, like a pair of shoes at are £30 and are like stilts... It's like HELLO? THERE'S MORE TO LIFE THAN CLOTHES AND BLOKES! And what really 'grinds my gears' is the fact that the parents don't really care, they give their children too much money to spend. The sort of clothes in those clothes shops seem to be aimed at those who have the money to spend on clothes that prevent them from doing work, yet they still have more money than those who have to work those dreadful 9- 5 hours. At what point is this right or fair or... even able to make sence?
All in all, what 'grinds my gears' are those posh girls that have more money than sence.
N.B. I'm sure they aren't all like that... or are they?
Sunday, 20 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment