Tuesday, 19 February 2008

Half term- The holiday of lies.

My view on half term (or mid term in the states... I think) is rather bleak; and this may be because I haven't got much of a socailite lifestyle. However, the whole idea of half term is false and misleading.
Half term is seen as a time (as I am told) to have a break, recharge your batteries as it were. A time in which coursework can be completed, and for those special G&T Students (which I am one of) it is a time for going on a course for a couple of days and having fun.
THIS IS NOT TRUE- or true to a certain extent.
'Recharging batteries' for me takes only one day, which involves sleeping for 12 hours, then coming online or watching TV without a care in the world. Now, I don't know about you but I can't do this for longer than a day, it get's so tedious after that.
Coursework is a pestilence which is a burden for many a teenager, most of which has no real point as it doesn't test you on anything really, just on how extra you can be with title pages and essays that could have been summed up in a page. Yet somehow during the time in which we are supposed to relax we have all these coursework deadlines suddenly pushed over our heads, that have to be completed by next week.
And even if it couldn't get any more contradicting, the G&T Courses that we are supposed to go to, to learn and have fun are so covieniently over subscribed to, so now all the G&T students at my school- apart from one person, have nothing to look forward to in the half-term.
So please, someone tell me what joys are there to be reeped from this waste of a week!

7 comments:

Tasha said...

No joys, just stress... and more stress. And coursework, coursework and more coursework. But y'know what makes me happy? Hitchhikers lesson plan's gonna be disrupted! Go retreat! That should be fun and we can video diary and stuff... I'm looking forward to it...

Vicky Olusanya said...

Exactly!!
Hitchhiker? Is that her name now?
And yes, the retreat will be good. Yeah, I'll bring my camera. : D

Tasha said...

Hitchhiker was her name... dunno if it still is...

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Tasha said...

Wow, Vickster you get... people on your blog, lol. Anyways, down to business, I've changed my blog url, it is now: www.ribenatastesnice.blogspot.com.
;)

Vicky Olusanya said...

Thanks. How come you changed it Tasha?

And er- thank you person I do not know.

Tasha said...

Wanted a change, bit of pizzaz...