I have literally reached the end of my tether as far as revision is going for my GCSEs. I have 4 exams over two days (in two days) and I am not prepared for any of them, regardless of the fact that I have spent hours trying to learn all the things I should have been taught at school, but wasn't. This is due to the fact that my school (As far as actual education goes) is pretty atrocious. I, am in the top 16 in terms of academic ability in my year, but I'm not that intelligent! That is a great example of how useless my school is. Although it must be said that, my school is alright in terms of being safe etc.
The first of this season's exam period was AQA RE, Paper 1, what a shambles. The school ran out of room for us to do the exam, so I ended up doing it in my old form room, taking all the exam adrenaline out of me which usually makes me perform a modicum better than I did (though at least I actually knew the scripture this time). No one knew what was going on or where each person was meant to go, because the single copies of the exam seating were stuck up in a rather inconvenient space on the corridor which other people use frequently. To make matters worse, the actual seating plan was on many sheets for the many places the exams were and made it impossible to find your name quickly.
Once I had finally managed to find my seat, after going into the wrong room and having a friend have to call after me, I discovered to my joy that my seat was so close to the back row of computers in the room, that getting into the seat was a slight struggle.
In this one exam period I will have 16 Papers to sit. Most of which will be 2 squashed on the same day (and one 3 because 2 are 45 minutes long) how on Earth do these schools and exam boards expect me to do well at all if I'm being given all these exams at the same time? I can't revise the night before, even, because I fall asleep really early (usually). And since most subjects have been either rushed, so I cannot absorb half of it, or not taught at all, so I don't have anything to revise, more like learn from scratch the night before and then still don't understand it; I'm pretty much giving up. Although I probably will start revising again as soon as I finish this piece of procrastination! But the severe feeling on despair is rife in my thoughts and causing great woe upon my person. I want to do well and be happy and fulfil all the aspirations I had once had at the beginning of year 10, and yet now all I want is to crawl back to bed and never leave it. What a shadow of a person this stupid and rather unnecessary set of qualifications have made me.
I think I'll watch I'm On A Boat to cheer me up....
No comments:
Post a Comment